We’re a small but growing design focused company in Edmonton, AB looking for an ambitious designer to join the team.
You will be working very closely with the Overhaul team to dream up and implement innovative solutions for our wide range of clients across multiple industries. Our focus is on branding-lead projects for clients who value design. We design across multiple disciplines whether it be environmental branding, wayfinding, advertising design, visual identity design, illustration, interactive and more. You’ll need to be able to work from a brief or you can write the brief. You dont need to be in front of clients but should be comfortable in meetings.
We’re looking for someone who can work with us full time, 40 hours per week. Typically 9-5 and offer flex hours, work from home options.
Skills & Experience
- You like grids.
- Strong typographic skills.
- Sketch / Photoshop / Illustrator / Indesign (creative suite).
- A strong sense of what looks good.
- You’re descriptive and can articulate ideas – if not, you can quickly visualize them.
- Familiarity with Atomic/Modular design principles.
- Familiarity with usability / UX design best practices.
- You can design websites from a-z.
- Familiarity with various print design/techniques (press, foils, spot/cmyk).
We hire experience over education.
Extra Points for
- Experience designing signage.
- Design for Retail/Hospitality.
- Wacom pen skills.
- Familiar with Invision.
Money. how much, will be based on your level of experience. We have full benefits including medical, dental and vision. A yearly conference budget, company outings and paid holidays and vacation.
How to Apply
With your submission, please include samples of your work — we want to see your stuff. And, don’t worry if you don’t meet ALL of the requirements. We hire for people, not necessarily roles. Only selected candidates will be contacted but we thank all of you in advance.