Senior Front End Developer
Dear future teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
You spend something like 25% of your entire life at work so one of our goals here is to make this place awesome. Help us do it.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Note: This is a hybrid workplace but will not be accepting fully remote applications.
In a nutshell we build Shopify Plus, Sanity, WordPress, and some static sites for organizations ranging from small business’ to government entities.
We’re looking for someone who can work with us full time, 40 hours per week. Typically 9-5 but we do offer flex hours and work from home options. A senior lead/role will have 3+ weeks paid vacation, budget for courses, conferences, books etc.
You will drive the “dev bus” so to speak, build an amazing team around yourself and above all else contribute to developing amazing sites.
The following is not an all or nothing list. If you meet many but not all points, please still reach out!
- You work best in small teams or independently.
- High level of self-management and organizational skills.
- You’re a passionate developer, it’s not just your 9-5.
- You can run a meeting and have honest conversations.
- Experience with frameworks React, Next.js, Vue, and Tailwind
- Git – managing branches, pull requests, and resolving conflicts
- Managing project dependencies with npm and bundling assets with Webpack
- A working knowledge of performance optimization strategies and their importance (such as caching, asset minification, CDNs, etc.)
- Experience with automated deployment tools (Vercel / Github Actions)
- Knowledge of headless CMS systems such as Sanity
- WordPress – custom theme and plugin development
- Graph QL
- Shopify Liquid
- Built accessible, standards-compliant websites
- Creative thinking, committed to scalability, extensibility and reusability of your code
- Experience with cross-browser testing and you’re not the type to slip up on QA
AKA here’s the big list of things this role could include:
- Produce code for projects that is efficient, performant, and inspires confidence in the team.
- Perform code reviews for other team members along with potentially mentoring other developers – helping them skill up including identifying their strengths and weaknesses.
- Manages pull requests including optimization of PR templates.
- Develop and manage code standards – creating consistency within the code.
- Drive forward our internal frameworks.
- Maintaining technical responsibility for the development stages, modification, and testing iterations of a project.
- Perform project debriefs from a development workflow performance perspective.
- Estimating dev projects, breaking them down into tasks, organizing tasks into sprints to meet a timeline.
- Scoping development projects and/or making requirements documents.
- Validating Designs for feasibility and alignment with scope. Identifying challenges and or issues.
- Onboarding new developers.
- Ensures effective communication with the rest of the Overhaul team.
- Providing professional (technical) advice to stakeholders.
We hire culture over experience over education.
- Money. How much depends on you and your unique experience. Salary ranges from $70,939.00-$95,974.00 per year.
- Paid vacation, minimum 2 weeks.
- Full health and dental benefits.
- A big emphasis on work-life balance.
- Opportunities for growth, education, and training.
- Free Parks passes for all team members.
How to Apply
Email email@example.com. With your submission, please include samples of your work — we want to see your experiments, prototypes, arduino/raspberry pi projects or illegal torrent network. And, don’t worry if you don’t meet all of the requirements. We hire for people, not necessarily roles. Only selected candidates will be contacted but we thank all of you in advance.