Dear future teammate,
Thank you for considering joining our team.
We’re looking for someone who can work with us full time, 40 hours per week. Typically 9-5 but we do offer flex hours and work from home options. That said, we’re hopeful we can find someone local to work, in person, physically in our office at least 60% of the time.
Overhaul is a small (but old), growing web and branding agency in Edmonton, looking for an ambitious designer to join the team. We work primarily on Shopify, WordPress and branding projects. Occasionally more custom or static sites but nothing that gets into software or web apps. I’d love to tell you more about us.
You spend something like 25% of your entire life at work so one of our goals here is to make this place awesome. Help us do it.
Are you the person we’re looking for?
Want to be one of the core team of individuals who make up a business?
Thrive on fast paced environment with always changing scenarios?
You work best in small teams or independently.
You want to learn, try new things and grow your skills.
Do you possess the following?
- A solid design portfolio of sites.
- More than two years of UX/UI design experience.
- Responsive design experience.
- You like (dare we say love?) the work, not the weekend. Well you can like the weekend too but you get what we’re saying.
- Collaborating with developers (and we’re not talking Elementor wrangling here).
- Figma experience, more than a dabble. You name your layers and you annotate your design.
- A desire to hone and expand your design skills to bigger better things. Beyond us at Overhaul even perhaps.
- The next part is nice-to-have:
- User research and testing exp.
- Design system exp.
- Experience designing for eCommerce/conversions.
- Knowledge of component based design / atomic design principles.
- Accessibility best practices.
We hire culture over experience over education.
Extra Points for
- Front end dev skills
- ASCII art skills
- Knowledge of SEO best practices
- A dazzling personality
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org With your submission, please include samples of your work — we want to see your stuff even if not directly related. And, don’t worry if you don’t meet ALL of the requirements. We hire for people, not necessarily roles.
Only selected candidates will be contacted but we thank you in advance.